Preparing your entry
One of the most interesting things about art is its diversity. That's why your entry to our Competition can be about anything that interests you.
Size of artwork
Your entry should not be smaller than A4 (29.7cm x 21.0cm) or larger than
A2 (59.4cm x 42.0cm) even if mounted. Please submit your artwork in flat format only, it should not be rolled, folded or framed.
Use of Materials
You may use any type of paper, white, coloured, rough or smooth. The work that you submit may be drawn or painted in pencil, charcoal, pen and ink, crayon, pastel, watercolour, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour and collage. Alternatively, it may be submitted on canvas or in digital format in any artwork software (submit digital entries to firstname.lastname@example.org). Prints created from a lino block, wood blocks or any other methods may also be submitted.
Your work should be original and unaided. Please do not copy another person’s work. Any source imagery must be indicated at time of entry. Failure to properly reference any source imagery may result in disqualification.
Number of Entries
You may submit up to two entries per individual. Where you submit more than one entry you should clip the artwork together. Only individual entries will be accepted and they may be submitted by you or by your school or art group.
You should include the following information on the back of your entry:
- Name, age, category, title of entry.
- School name, address, email address, telephone number and teacher's name (if applicable).
- Home address, email address and telephone number.
- Signature of your parent, teacher or guardian.
- Please note your age as of the closing date of the Competition (Tuesday, 28th February 2017).
- Please note that one signature from an Art Teacher will be sufficient to cover all entries from a school.
The Closing Date
The closing date for receipt of entries is Tuesday, 28th February 2017.
For More Information
Further information about the Texaco Children's Art Competition is available by: