If you are submitting artwork to the Competition that has been undertaken in your school or at an external art class, your school teacher or Art Teacher's signature will also be required. If you are submitting artwork to the Competition that has been undertaken in your home, your parent or guardian's signature will be required instead in addition to your home address, your home telephone number and your home email address.
3. You may enter up to two pieces of artwork. Only individual entries will be accepted. A photograph or scanned image of an original artwork will not be considered under any circumstances.
4. Your entry should be submitted in flat format and should remain within the specified size
guidelines. Framed entries will not be accepted under any circumstances.
5. The closing date for entries to the 64th Texaco Children’s Art Competition is Wednesday, 28th February 2018. This date is final. If your entry is received after this date it will not be submitted to the judges.
6. Your entry must be certified as being original and unaided work and any source imagery must be indicated at the time of entry. If at any time, there is a challenge either to the originality of your entry or on the basis that you have not properly referenced any source imagery, Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited shall take reasonable steps to investigate the circumstances giving rise to the challenge. Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited will then make a reasonably grounded determination as to whether to uphold the challenge, and Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited’s decision on this matter will be final. You may be required to forfeit your award and repay any prize money you receive if the investigation reveals that your entry is not original or properly referenced.
7. If your entry reaches the final judging stage and is being considered for an award, you may be asked to submit your birth certificate and further examples of your work.
8. The Judging Panel is responsible for the allocation of awards and the decision of the Chairman of the Judging Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding that decision.
9. All entries shall be the property of Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited, who shall also be the owner of the copyright. Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited will not accept liability for loss or damage to any work submitted.
10. All entries together with the artists’ details (name, age, school or town) may be used in publicity campaigns (such as calendars, cards, posters and other point of sale materials) after the 63rd Texaco Children's Art Competition and in future Competitions. Photographs of the winners together with their names and ages may be used in publicity campaigns where the parents or guardians of the winners have given their consent.
11. The rules of the Competition may not be changed or modified and will strictly be applied.
12. All personal information supplied will be used by Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited and other companies assisting Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited solely for the administration and management of the Texaco Children’s Art Competition.
13. At any time, an individual can make a written request to Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited to have access to all personal information that Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited holds about him/her. An individual may inform Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited of any changes in his/her data by contacting Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01 6258208; then Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited will update or delete the data held. It is the responsibility of the individual to tell Valero Energy (Ireland) Limited when information that it has provided is out of date or needs to be amended.